Sunday, May 25, 2008

While You Were Out


Life has an interesting habit of getting us out of our own way.

Last week, the majority of my waking moments were spent thinking, worrying, and supporting my grandaughter and her parents while the Wee One underwent open heart surgery.
The surgery went just fine; was successful and our three year old sprite is back to trying to make the case for having lollipops for dinner each night.

My fledgling garden got most of the attention it needed ( I am new at this, so I never quite know if what I am doing would make a real gardener's hair stand up straight or fall out, but I muddle though)... and I even picked my first zucchini !

Yes..I know.... any idiot with dirt is supposed to be able to grow zucchini, but let me tell you... I have tried...and failed...on at least four separate occasions that I am willing to admit to.

But these snow peas were ...well.... a complete surprise to me to find the other morning. SNOW PEAS !!! >>>>>>>ME <<<<<< < I actually wondered if these little vines would produce anything but nice little green leaves, and then one day...poof! There were tiny white flowers.
I held my breath......got busy with the surgical affairs......... and the next thing I knew I had enough for a stir fry dinner.

It just was a good reminder to me that good things happen if we don't obsess about it too much...
The Universe needs a bit of space, some time and occasionally a little help to let it work its magic... I'll try to keep this present in my thoughts when the worries of the day threaten to consume my attention.

Today snow peas.......... tomorrow ?

No comments: